Thank you Peg for nominating me for this award on June 8th, which so happened to be my birthday! Such an amazing birthday present, thank you! I have only recently started to blog regularly, and to have been blessed with such an award so early on has both encouraged me and inspired me to explore more, read more, write more. God works in mysteriously wonderful ways.
Rules to this award:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Tell 7 things about yourself that will not have come up in your blog entries.
3. Pass it on to 7 blogs you find inspiring and explain why.
7 things about myself
1. I have just graduated and achieved better marks than I thought I could achieve. Now life is a big ocean with exciting places to explore, and many other perilous adventures awaiting me!
2. After living in Germany for ten years I have recently moved back to Britain to study. I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to gain an insight into another culture.
3. I love walking and I love photography, and I love to combine the two!
4. Writing my own songs is the most fulfilling thing on this earth.
5. Otis Burble is my imaginary owl. His portrait is real, though, and he hardly ever talks because he is in a grump with me most of the time.
6. I am a bit of a chocolate addict!
7. I wanted to share a favourite Bible verse here, but then I realised I don’t have a favourite. Rather, there are two that fit my situation in moving around a lot, which I find to be very unsettling, and which offer me the strength and motivation to not only accept, but also embrace my life as it is: “Jesus replied, ‘Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.'” (Matthew 8:20). “The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged.” (Deuteronomy 31:8)
7 blogs that inspire me:
1. Saff. A young Christian girl with a great personality, Saff is passionate about living life and walking her own path. Her love for God rings throughout her blog, which is full of creativity and earnestness. The way she picks out the great stuff in life will most certainly brighten up your day!
2. Esther. Esther is one of the most inspiring women I have come across. She has experienced the most difficult hardship a person can experience in life, and yet her blogposts demonstrate her hope and faith in God, proving her to be a beautifully strong woman of God. She writes so elegantly and in a way that will uplift and encourage to come closer to Christ.
3. 365daysinthegarden. There is an honesty portrayed in this blog that reflects a true fighter. I can relate to so many of the posts, and it’s nice to know we are not alone in the hardships that life throws at us; at some point we will all be hit by the ferocity that is life, and to be able to share how we cope with different situations is encouraging and inspiring. Loving the Five Minute Fridays and the Top Ten Tuesdays!
4. Lauren. What I love most about the way Lauren writes is the wisdom that is never lacking in her posts. In every experience she has, she sees a lesson to be learnt, a real treasure to all who read her blog.
5. Eva. It’s a joy to read Eva’s poetry; she writes with such rhythm and smoothness and her words entail a truth that we should all get to read.
6. Alanna. This is another blog that is filled to the brim with a real passion for life. I love the diversity with which Alanna portrays her love for Christ; the devotions and the August photo-a-day challenge.
7. Kaye. This blog tells the story of a young Christian at the beginning of the wonderful journey of faith. Though a new blog, the freshness of faith is really inspiring to me, as I find myself rediscovering my faith day after day.
It will be interesting to see how each of the above blogs develop. They are all wonderful and reflect the beauty of life as we each walk our own paths. I pray that we can all take and share of our faith filled experiences.